15 September 2008

An excessively alcoholic weekend

A while ago I decided I was getting far too hungover far too often, and so I eased up on the drinking for a while. I was still drinking of course, I'm not a nun, but I made sure I stopped at a reasonable point, and consequently I didn't pay for it too much the next day.

It seems to have crept back up a bit recently though, and this last weekend I was out getting boozed up three nights in a row, which is really quite unlike me.

I had a lovely weekend though - we had dinner with a friend then drinks out on Thursday, then we went for some more drinks out and then to Popstarz at the Ghetto on Friday (which was very good again - obviously that first dire week was some sort of blip), and then on Saturday we went for some MORE drinks out and then to Legends (whose wanky staff and owner always seem to spoil any trip there). And so by Sunday when we went out for some lunch I was really feeling quite sorry for myself, with a cumulative hangover from the previous three days.

So I'm going to try to cut down again a little bit I think, particularly on wine. I don't like being too drunk, and I don't like being sick the next day, so what's the point? It's just drinking for the rather expensive sake of it and because I like the taste.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: