23 September 2008

Car hospital

I don't think I've written on here before that our car is called Columbo have I? Well he is anyway, and he's a he. And he has now finally gone off to car hospital to be looked at.

Despite the fact that the garage said they would come to collect him between 2 and 4 yesterday, and Chris dutifully taking the afternoon off to wait in for them, they didn't actually come until about 4.30. Why does it always have to be that way whenever you arrange a delivery or a workman or anything? The number of hours of our lives we must waste waiting in for things, it's frightening. And what was the reason for their tardiness? Two of their recovery vehicles had broken down. Erm.... OK! That fills you with confidence doesn't it?

I actually saw Columbo sail past me on top of a lorry while I was on the bus home, as the garage isn't far from where I work. He looked quite pleased to be driven around for a change, I hope they look after him properly. He's a nice little car.

I'm not quite sure what's going to happen about the insurance claim. The girls who went into the back of Chris think they hit him first, and that Chris then hit the car in front, and Chris' passenger agrees. But Chris isn't sure, as it all happened so fast, and thought he might have hit the car in front first. I'm not sure how much difference it'll make, or if Chris will be liable for hitting the car in front either way. Obviously if the girls are going to be liable for hitting us, I'd rather they were liable for both, as that absolves us of the blame. But I guess the insurance companies will have to sort it out between them, and we'll just get told.

I hate insurance, it's such a rip off. Half the time you find you're not covered anyway, and then even when you are you have to pay an excess (very clever ploy they dreamed up there) which means you're only actually insured for damage over that amount - otherwise it's not worth claiming and you end up paying for it out of your own pocket. So they get it all their own way really. And it costs you hundreds of pounds, and it's a legal obligation to pay it. Tsk.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: