25 March 2008

Hangovers 3 - Healthy livers 0

This Easter I seem to have chosen to eschew the traditional activity of eating chocolate eggs in favour of massive amounts of drinking, staying up until 4am, and then crawling around the next day going gaaarrrrr. It has been a very enjoyable, sociable weekend but I feel I need a bit of a detox to recover from it.

On Thursday after work we went to the pub to see some of Chris' teacher-type friends, had a couple of drinks, then went to another pub, and then went off to Dynamite Boogaloo. It was packed in there and very good fun. Chris snogged a kiwi girl, lucky her, and then we ran home in the pouring rain at 3am.

Friday was a day of rest, and then on Saturday I spent hours and hours in Harlow sorting out Chris' Dad's new computer until I was thoroughly sick of it. We decided to go out 'just for a couple' in the evening as Marc was down from Birmingham, so we went out with him and a student friend of his called Jordan. Jordan, NOT Josh as I kept calling him all night until Chris pointed out that wasn't his name, much to my embarrassment. Who the hell is called Jordan anyway? I can hardly be blamed. Nice boy though, but very easily led astray. He planned to go home quite early, but was quickly coaxed into a drink at the Bulldog, then the Star Inn, then Vavoom before he finally escaped our evil clutches outside V-2. Chris and I did the worst, WORST karaoke in V-2, to which there was much sniggering in the audience, and we didn't seem to get to bed until about 4 again. Shame about the karaoke, I thought we could sing Total Eclipse of the Heart quite well. I'm going to blame booze-induced tone deafness and poor acoustics.

The somehow on Sunday, despite only have had about 4 hours sleep, we managed to go to Wild Fruit. Oh my god I cannot believe how long I spent queuing there! Not to get in, oh no, that took about 30 seconds, but for the bloody cloak room. An HOUR we waited to put our coats in! A bloody hour! What the hell is that?? After that it was fine, very busy as it usually is, and we got lots of photos taken of us because of our general state of undress. We had gone as Las Vegas chippendales (yes I know I don't have the physique for it), as it was a Las Vegas-themed evening, which basically involved wearing collar and cuffs and not much else. You get loads of pretty boys at Wild Fruit, ones you never see elsewhere, so that's always fun. And then, unfortunately and unsurprisingly, we had to spend another 40 minutes to get our coats back. What a fucking joke! So the moral of the story is never, ever take a coat to Tru - just deal with the cold weather and catch pneumonia, the hospital treatment will take less time than queuing there.

So that was my weekend. So drunk, so hungover, so tired, but much fun. Work today seems like a peaceful holiday in comparison. 
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: