03 December 2007

Start the week as you mean to go on

Oh my god I'm SO annoyed! I hate the bus so much, no wonder nobody wants to take public transport and just wants to drive everywhere in their comfy cars. 50 minutes it took me to get to work today, 50! And it's only a 10-15 minute drive. Admittedly, it was partly my bad decision-making that helped make me so late, but I still choose to blame the buses. The stupid live update sign things that tell you how long you've got to wait just lie to you, trick you into getting on a different bus to save time, and then you see three of the bus you actually wanted sail straight past. So then I was late for work and will have to make up the flexi time at some point during the week, stupid bastard buses.

Oh and of course the bus I was on was full of pikey parents and their out of control offspring. Who lets their children practice "who can stamp and scream the loudest" in a public place? Who?? They weren't upset, they weren't complaining, they were just having a competition to see who could make the most noise and their parents just ignored them. I don't know what's wrong with people any more, I really don't. There's just no respect for anyone else, no inkling that maybe you should consider other people in the decisions that you make. But you can't actually say anything or complain, because you run a 50/50 chance of either getting a mouthful of abuse (usually some inarticulate version of "you telling me how to raise my kid?") or being stabbed to death on the top deck while everyone else tries very hard to ignore you for fear of being stabbed themselves. When did the world end up like this?

So anyway, that's my cheery start to Monday.

No comments: