24 October 2008

Creamy Fingers

I enjoyed Creamy Fingers muchly last night, although today I feel AWFUL. Really, really awful to the point where I thought I was going to pass out on the bus on the way to work (see previous post). I'm feeling a little better now though, good old ready salted hula hoops, and I'll hopefully be alright after lunch.

So anyway, as suspected Creamy Fingers was similar to Boogaloo in lots of ways. It was back at the Ghetto, they played good pop-type music (I think, memory is hazy, I know I danced lots though), Stu did a song and then Le Gateau Chocolat did a song, and then they played a game. The key difference was the game involved cream cakes. Stu also gave out filthy badges, which was nice, he didn't do that very often at Dynamite Boogaloo. Don't ask me what songs they sang during cabaret, I haven't got a clue now. I'm also a bit hazy on the terms of the game, I think it involved eating two cakes each time you got an answer right. Or wrong. Or both.

The drinks were very, very cheap, which is why I'm not feeling so hot today. It was only £1.50 for a vodka and whatever, and you could get these shot things for 50p, so Chris was very pleased when he came tottering back from the bar with six drinks for six pounds. The shots were quite vile, they tasted like undiluted orange squash with a kick. Oh yes, and it was free to get in before 11, which was good.

I was expecting it to be rammed, and it wasn't, which I found surprising for a launch. It was decently full though mostly, with enough people dancing, although it was noticeable during cabaret that the audience weren't that loud due to lower numbers. I hope it does OK, I do need a Boogaloo replacement. Doing it fortnightly might work because you can't think "oh I'll just go next week instead", so it might help make us get up and get out intstead of being lethargic and staying in.

Here are some photos:

Stu feeds the starving masses


Cabaret time: a girl called something like Sam who frequently inveigles herself into cabaret VS a cute boy from Birmingham (how unfortunate for him)


Le Gateau Chocolat astounds with another sartorial triumph


The cute boy ended up winning so deserves another picture


And I'm still not sure about my new hair. I'm trying to grow it, but think it looks a bit rubbish. SOMEONE had exceptionally nice hair last night, which makes mine look even worse

No comments: