03 March 2009

Lack of confidence in confident speaking

I'm off on a confident speaking course tomorrow. I don't really want to go any more, it seemed like a good idea at the time when I booked it. I think I was mostly focusing on the free lunch though and the fact that it's a day away from my desk.

I suppose it will be alright... I don't want to go because I know they're going to force me to stand up and speak in front of the rest of the group, but I expect that's the point. The afternoon part of it is facilitated by an actor from EastEnders, not that I've ever heard of him, but I don't watch it very often.

So anyway, maybe I'll come back tomorrow with a new-found confidence when speaking in social situations and when doing presentations and things. It's possible. But it's far more likely I'll come back and completely disregard everything they said in the course, as is always the case with all staff development events everywhere.

No comments: