05 March 2009

But I never win anything!

I won a competition today, woo hoo!

It was one of those things where you enter online, and you think "yeah right, I'll never hear anything about that ever again" and you put it out of your mind. But this morning I had an email informing me I'd won something, and it wasn't from the daughter of a deceased Nigerian General, and it didn't ask me to confirm my account number or anything!

So anyway, it was a Watchmen competition run by LoveFilm and you had to go back to the website once a week for four weeks and answer a question. If you got all four questions right you got put into a draw for the grand prize of a private screening of the new Watchmen film in London. And I won! So now I get to go up to London next week and watch the film in a cinema screen all to myself with up to 30 friends. And they'll be giving us some refreshments or something as well they said (so, probably a coke. Maybe some popcorn, but let's not go nuts).

But it's good anyway, I never win anything usually! I enter loads of competitions idly, and never get anything back from them. Of course, I probably don't know 30 people who want to see Watchmen AND who want to go to London to watch it when you could watch down here for £7, even if it is a private screening. But that's not the point, I'm still pleased.

Yay me!

(Days healthy - 14)

1 comment:

Nel said...

Wow, congrats! That's really cool! Can I go, too? If so, just send me a flight ticket and hotel reservation. hehe

I also never tend to win anything. Even when it's a contest with a very small amount of people, such as a raffle, I don't get picked. :( I remember when I was younger me and my friend who lived next door to each other both entered to win a Ninja Turtle action figure from a TV promo. He won one and I didn't. I was jealous and at the time I couldn't understand why I didnt win if we sent our forms in at the same time, same day, same mailbox...so I thought, why wasn't mine picked right next to his? LOL