20 May 2009

Rush rush rush

I haven't had much time for blogging since last week, which is unusual for me and now I feel I've got behind with it.

We had our Eurovision party at the weekend, which of course was another triumph. We had scoresheets, miniature flags, posters, and a lovely Eurocake:


I enjoyed the show, but was a bit disappointed that the winner was Norway. Their song was OK, not great, and the fact that it was the bookies' favourite and that it was such a complete runaway winner made it a bit boring. After a quarter of the votes were in you could tell no-one was going to catch them. And also, he had weird eyebrows.

I thought Jade did really well to finish fifth considering how poorly we've done in the last few years. She sang very well and was obviously much stronger than lots of the other contestants, so fifth is quite respectable. I didn't think that the jury voting really made that much difference though, there was still lots of unjustified awarding of 12 points to neighbouring countries by some of the Eastern and Scandinavian nations.

Sunday was a little bit of a write off, as I had drunk a combination of white wine, rosé wine, champagne, and Moscow Mules (careful Eurovision linkage there) so I had a bit of a headache. And then this week just seems to be flying by with no time to do anything.

Dave's wedding is this Saturday, and after a mini-meltdown last week (including the glib fiasco) Mum seems to have plateaued at "there's nothing I can do about it now, I'll just have to hope for the best". Which is better than insane stress attacks I suppose.

I wish I could look forward to it more, but I won't be able to relax until Mum and Dad head off home and Chris has arrived safely after his epic two hour bus and taxi journey from Brighton. Just to make things a bit more of a pain, I feel like I'm coming down with something today, which I could obviously do without. I've had a sore throat since yesterday and this morning I felt completely run down as soon as I got up. If I'm going to get a virus I'd rather get it now, deal with it on Thursday and Friday, and then hopefully be better on Saturday. I'll have to see how I go anyway.

I'll need to check back to my 'Days healthy' counter I started on here after Christmas to see how long I lasted before getting ill AGAIN. I don't think I did too badly, it must be at least a hundred days!

My next blog post may very well be after the wedding. Wish me luck!

No comments: