21 May 2009

Ill-timed illness

As I suspected, I'm ill. My sore throat has turned into a proper stuffed up cold, and I feel really run down. It's so inconvenient! I have to be well on Saturday, I've got to drive myself to Tunbridge Wells and then be on my feet and sociable for pretty much the whole day. So I've taken today off work anyway, and I'm hoping if I just watch property programmes on TV and think happy thoughts then my body will heal itself before the weekend.

I've just checked back on where I'd got to on the 'Days healthy' counter I started after the last time I was ill. I didn't maintain it on every post because I couldn't be bothered, but if I had I would have reached the grand total of 91 days by today. That's not even a hundred! I thought it was going to be longer than that, but apparently not. So I managed to be more or less healthy for 3 months before succumbing to yet another virus. I suppose that's not too bad, I just hope I can get rid of it fairly quickly.

I have taken the executive decision not to inform Mum that I'm not well, because she'll only a) freak out that I won't be well enough to come to the wedding; and b) say "but I can't afford to catch a cold from you", in her usual it's-all-about-me way.

Which is stupid anyway, because of COURSE I'm going to go to my brother's wedding, even if I have got a cold. I'll just dose myself up on paracetamol, gun through it with a fixed smile on my face, and then feel like crap the next day. It's not going to come to that anyway because I will be better by Saturday (happy thoughts happy thoughts).

Right, I'm off to eat hula hoops now and see if Sophie Allsop has managed to turn a run-down three bed apartment into a trendy cottage in the Lake District.

No comments: