14 February 2009

Sunny Saturday morning

My stupid sore throat still hasn't gone away, it was really painful again this morning. The mornings seem to be the worst time for it, as I've not had any medication or anything to eat or drink for hours, which are the things that seem to soothe it. Actually I think I had a bit too much medication yesterday, maybe I used Marianne's benzocaine cherry-flavoured spray too often or something, because I started to feel a bit hot and dizzy. So I might go a bit easier on it today, and rely more on paracetamol and tea. I really thought it would be on its way out by now though! I don't think it's tonsillitis, because I've checked the symptoms and they don't look that bad when I peer at them in the mirror. So it's probably just a sore throat, hopefully it will go away soon. I really need to go to work on Monday - why does everyone wait until I'm off sick and then send me loads of things to do? It's very annoying! More fool me for checking my emails I suppose...

Anyway, it's a sunny Saturday morning here. I woke up about an hour ago and my throat was hurting too much for me to go back to sleep, so I got up. Chris is still in bed as he went out last night. He wasn't planning on going clubbing initially, but he didn't get home until 4 so I suspect he must have, and I'm not sure what time he'll surface this morning. I hope he does the diplomatic thing and says "oh yes, it was only OK, bit rubbish really" when he gets up. I don't want to hear that he had the time of his life while I was sat at home being ill yet again.

Oo it's Valentine's Day as well. Wonder what we'll do for it? Probably not very much, we already said we weren't doing cards, as we've just spent all our money on the massive telly. So I've carefully made him a (rather crappy) card just now out of a piece of paper, using a blue biro. I'm sure he'll appreciate it and find it sweet. He better.

I forgot to write on here the other day that the Curse of my Parents reared its head yet again in the week. What form did it take this time? Mum's hairdrying burst into flames in her hand while she was using it. She wasn't burnt, fortunately, although it could easily have burned her hand or set her hair on fire. She just shrieked and threw it on the floor apparently, and then unplugged it and the flames went out. But still, it's not a very common occurance is it?

Oh yes, and I'm considering doing a creative writing course with a view to one day writing a novel. I've always wanted to write a novel but don't know if I could or what I'd write, so I thought this might be a good way to find out if it's even worth me trying. I've found a course you can do with the Open University which looks quite good and starts in May. It's only 12 weeks but it might give me an idea of whether writing is for me. I'll have to see, and save up the fee for it. Might register next month if I decide to go for it.

No comments: